Our typical program takes about six hours, usually broken into 1-2 hours per day after or between dives (two hour blocks are preferred) and for 3 to 4 days. The program can also be run through a dive shop and held on a Saturday, Sunday or two consecutive weeknights.
We work with your divers to introduce them to Lightroom by teaching them how to import their photos, organize their pictures, create catalogs and export their photos. We teach them basic features such as spot/backscatter removal, cropping, and using different treatments to "develop" their photo. We teach them how to adjust exposure, white balance, tint, and temperature as well as using features such as clarity and sharpening. When diving we will help divers with photo composition and lighting.
We charge $20 per hour of classroom instruction per student for small groups of students at as low as $10 per hour when there are groups of a dozen or more students. Students can pick and choose the sessions they want so they need not commit to every session nor take the sessions in sequence although for the beginner it is highly recommended that they attend at least the first two hours of instruction.
Students who enroll in ScubaBobPhoto classes may be eligible to earn PAI specializations such as the PADI Underwater Photography Diver, the PADI Digital Underwater Photography Diver or the new PADI Digital Underwater Post-production Photography Diver Distinctive Specialty that was created by SCUBA Bob.
Below are some of the skills that students will master during the course.
- List a least two differences between Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Explain what is meant by the statement "Lightroom is a database for photographs."
- Explain what a catalog is in Lightroom
- Import photos into Lightroom
- Explain the advantages of a Smart Preview
- Explain what Keyboarding is and demonstrate how to add or delete keywords as well as assign keywords to a photo
- Create a Collection and add photos to a Collection
- Correctly use the Compare View and explain what the Compare View shows
- Demonstrate how to flag photos
- Demonstrate how to rate photos
- Adjust the white balance, clarity, vibrance, exposure, shadows, blacks, whites, and clarity settings
- Crop a photo to a desired size
- Export photo in a format selected by the student
- Add a watermark to an exported photo